Sunday, December 25, 2016

Ipad / messenger bag

Its the end of 2016!

Besides sewing, I've also started to learn to knit (the perfect thing to do in this season). Not only is knitting interesting,  but its also extremely relaxing :) Theres this local facebook group for knitters where many members were willing to teach those who were interested to learn. Thats how I met Gerri who taught me how to knit the first ever hat for my daughter (and oh, I also made another one with a different pattern for myself :) (can be found on my knitting post))

But my knitting venture has nothing to do with this post. 
Whenever I met Gerri for my classes she used to bring along this very cute messenger bag to carry her Surface in. While I used my phone to read patterns, it was extremely cumbersome to navigate between multiple pdfs. Therefore, like her, I too wanted to carry along a tablet for my next sessions (instead of a laptop, it was just lighter to carry the tablet around). So I made one :)

Since we eat a lot of rice there are empty rice bags always lying around our home. We usually donate the bags but this time I turned it into my iPad bag's lining and used the zip for the second pocket on the bag. Here are the materials I used:


The pattern is very similar to my other bags in the blog. This one was much easier to work on because I did not have to fuse any interfacing on the back side as the rice bag was thick enough. However, I did fuse some interfacing on the front side because of the second zipper. 

The strap was saved from another bag that was given away; I just couldn't find a better way to recycle it :) 

PS: Like I always mention on all my posts, there are multiple tutorials on Pinterest & Youtube for an iPad/messenger bag, however, I did not follow any for this one.
















No comments:

Post a Comment